Outreach is an integral part of the council’s mission. The Information and Education Committee’s mission is to support the council’s mission by fostering public awareness, responsibility, and participation in the council’s activities through information and education.
- Fight complacency through outreach, education, and advocacy
- Expand outreach venues
- Involve families and communities
- Create links between the products of other committees and the general public (in lay terms)
- Broaden the age range of those participating in PWSRCAC
- Develop and cultivate external collaborations
- Network with and provide encouragement to other regions with similar risks and challenges
- Use best available technology and practices for communication and education
Much of this committee’s work can be found in the Outreach section of this website.