Several public presentations were held in March 2014 to commemorate the 25th anniversary of the Exxon Valdez oil spill. The presentations focused on the improvements in oil spill prevention and response in Prince William Sound since 1989.
Dates and locations:
- Valdez: March 4th at the Valdez Museum
- Seward: March 6 at the SeaLife Center
- Cordova: March 11 at the U.S. Forest Service in Cordova
- Homer: March 13 at the Pratt Museum
- Kodiak: March 18 at the library
- Glenallen: March 21 at the Wrangell Institute for Science and Environment
- Anchorage: March 24th at the Loussac Library
Please contact Lisa Matlock for more information about these community events:
Press and media requests: please contact Steve Rothchild for more information.
25th Anniversary advertisement in the Anchorage Daily News: