To support this effort, the council is inviting proposals for facilitating learning experiences with Exxon Valdez oil spill region youth. UPDATE: The deadline for submittals has passed. Please contact Outreach Coordinator Lisa Matlock for more information about the next application period.The council works to educate Exxon Valdez region youth about the environmentally safe operation of the Alyeska terminal and associated tankers. Working with area youth is vital to fight complacency that can arise if new generations of citizens are not continually reminded of the need for ongoing oil spill prevention.
- December 8, 2017
- Provisional announcement by December 29, 2017
- Final announcement by January 31, 2018
- youth stewardship expeditions into the marine environment via sea kayak and other vessels
- public oil spill science discovery labs
- travel funding for marine education programs
- website development
- K-12 oil spill curriculum writing and testing
- travel funding for youth presenting at conferences
- oral history projects related to the Exxon Valdez oil spill
- other marine stewardship programs for students with an oil spill connection.