News about the safe transportation of oil in Prince William Sound
The council’s publication,The Observer, is a free quarterly newsletter with nearly 5,000 printed copies distributed throughout Prince William Sound, the northern Gulf of Alaska, lower Cook Inlet, and the Kodiak archipelago, as well as by request to interested citizens around the world, including regulators and industry.
The Observer covers council activities, developments in the oil transportation industry, and news about policy and operational issues related to marine oil transportation. Major oil spill drills are covered, and Alyeska and the U.S. Coast Guard are invited to submit a column for each issue.
Subscriptions are free. Subscribe to the email edition: The Observer
Please email Amanda Johnson if you would like to receive the print version by mail.
Questions or comments about The Observer newsletter? We’d like to hear from you! Please email or call: Amanda Johnson, Public Communications Project Manager, 907-273-6221.
Articles from the latest Observer newsletter:
- Corrosion found in piping at terminal; Alyeska plans fix (1/21/2015)
- Oil spill drills teach lesson in prevention (1/21/2015)
- A look back at the early years of the Prince William Sound Regional Citizens’ Advisory Council (1/21/2015)
- From Alyeska: SERVS’ tugs help tankers dock safely at terminal (1/20/2015)
- Volunteer Spotlight: Oil spill response lessons from fighting wildfires (1/20/2015)
- Revised curriculum educates about oil spill prevention and response (1/20/2015)
- Liberty Bay enters service in Prince William Sound (1/19/2015)
- To prevent oil spills, we must focus on the right risks (1/19/2015)
- Single-hulled tankers now outlawed in U.S. waters (1/19/2015)
- Eisemann and Selanoff pass the torch (1/19/2015)
If you are looking for an article from a previous edition of The Observer, please see the PDF archives below.
Except where noted, articles in The Observer are written by Amanda Johnson, the council’s public communications project manager.
Archives:Drills and Exercises, Gulf of Mexico RCAC, Linda Robinson retirement, Non-Indigenous Species, Terminal Oil Spill Contingency Plan, Board of Directors News Oil Spill Simulants, Oil Spill Contingency Plans, Dispersants, Hydrocarbon Toxicity, Invasive Species, Steve Rothchild, Youth Involvement, Education Curriculum Update Columbia Glacier, Update Tanker C-Plans, Stan Jones, Drills and Exercises, Bob Jaynes, Alyeska Fire Brigade, BAT, Alicia Zorzetto, Digital Collections Librarian, Ocean Science Festival Tanker C-Plan Updates, Oil Storage Tank Inspections, Debasmita Misra, Patience Andersen Faulkner, Pipeline and Tanker Terminal Maintenance, Marine Stewardship Expedition, Spill Response Training Crude Oil Storage Tank Inspections, New Exxon Tankers, New Executive Committee, Youth Involvement Projects, SERVS' 12000th Escort Crude Oil Storage Tank Inspection Delays, Citizen Oversight of the Trans-Alaska Pipeline System, COTAPS, Stan Stephens column, Ruth Knight, Coast Guard on Tanker Escorts, Demise of Exxon Valdez, Alyeska wins Ethical Company Award Maintenance Audit At Terminal, Chidren of the Spills, Drills and Exercises, Kari Anderson, Automatic Identification System, Scott Hicks, Marine Firefighting Symposium