The 2014-2015 executive committee, left to right: Miller, Duffy, Hart, Bauer, Lewis, Korbe and Herbert.
The council held its annual board meeting in Valdez during the first week of May. Among other business, new board officers were elected for the year.
The 2014-2015 executive committee includes:
• President: Amanda Bauer, representing the City of Valdez
• Vice President: Thane Miller, representing Prince William Sound Aquaculture Corporation
• Treasurer: Jim Herbert, from the City of Seward
• Secretary: Cathy Hart, representing the Alaska Wilderness Recreation and Tourism Association
• Members at large are: Pat Duffy, representing the Alaska State Chamber of Commerce; Andrea Korbe from the City of Whittier; and Stephen Lewis, representing the City of Seldovia.
Two new members were seated, John Johnson, who replaced David Totemoff to represent the Chugach Alaska Corporation and Ian Angaiak, taking Lloyd Kompkoff’s place as representative for the Chenega Bay Corporation and the Chenega IRA Council.
Ten and twenty year volunteers recognized
Blake Johnson receives a 20 year volunteer appreciation award from board president Amanda Bauer.
The council also honored several volunteers for their long-term service to the council. Blake Johnson, Bob Benda, George Skladal, Gordon Scott and Bill Conley were all honored for over 20 years of service. Walt Parker and John Kennish were honored for 10 years of volunteer service to the council.
Blake Johnson has represented the Kenai Peninsula Borough on the council since 1993. Both Bob Benda and George Skladal have been on the Terminal Operations and Environmental Monitoring Committee since 1991. Gordon Scott has been a member of the Oil Spill Prevention and Response Committee since 1992, and Bill Conley has been a member of the Port Operations and Vessel Traffic System committee since 1991. Walt Parker represented the Oil Spill Region Environmental Coalition since 2004, and John Kennish has been on the Scientific Advisory Committee since 2004.