We are hiring!
The Council is seeking a Scientific and Environmental Monitoring Program Manager. This position coordinates a variety of science and environmental monitoring research projects that are consistent with the Council’s mission. This position is responsible for:
- Coordinating the work of a team of scientists on the Scientific Advisory Committee,
- Managing the contracts and activities of research consultants and scientists
- Developing research programs and projects
- Applying research results to oil spill contingency planning, policy positions, and scientific reviews
- Disseminating research information to the public, industry, and regulators
The Council is seeking a candidate who works effectively with other team members; has strong organizational, research, and communication skills; works well under pressure; and is committed to its mission.
Minimum qualifications include a Bachelor’s degree or relevant job experience. A Master’s degree in an appropriate field is preferred.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Three years of project management experience
- Demonstrated contract management
- Budget administration
- Public speaking skills
- Knowledge of the petroleum industry
- Experience or education in environmental science, another relevant scientific field, or an engineering discipline.
- Competency with Microsoft Office and Adobe products and document management software such as Filemaker Pro, is desirable.
- Experience working with volunteers, the Exxon Valdez oil spill impacted region, cross cultural communication, and the Alyeska marine terminal and oil shipping in Prince William Sound are a plus.
The minimum base salary is $75,000 and may be adjusted depending on experience. An additional 25 percent of base salary is added after 60 days for benefits. This position is located in Anchorage, Alaska.
How to apply:
To apply, please submit:
- A cover letter detailing your qualifications
- A resume
- At least three professional references
Candidates can apply via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail addressed to 3709 Spenard Rd., Anchorage, AK 99503, Attn: Director of Administration.
For more information please download the full job description:
The position will remain open until filled with the first review of applicants taking place on April 12 , 2019.