The Council works to educate Exxon Valdez region youth about the environmentally safe operation of the Alyeska terminal and associated tankers. Working with area youth is vital to fight complacency that can arise if new generations of citizens are not continually reminded of the need for ongoing oil spill prevention.
To support this effort, the Council is inviting proposals for facilitating learning experiences with Exxon Valdez oil spill region youth.
Proposal Deadline: December 16, 2020 Deadline has passed
Award Announcement: By January 31, 2021
Past and ongoing projects have included:
- youth stewardship expeditions into the marine environment via sea kayak and other vessels
- youth monitoring for aquatic invasive species
- public oil spill science discovery labs
- oil spill science and technology outreach
- oil spill education website development
- K-12 oil spill curriculum writing and testing
- travel funding for youth presenting oil spill projects at conferences
- oral history projects related to the Exxon Valdez oil spill
- other marine stewardship programs for students with an oil spill connection
To submit proposals:
For full instructions on how to submit your proposal, please download the full Request for Proposals:
More about the Council and our mission:
There are two deadlines each year to submit proposals for funding. You may subscribe to our email list for new Requests for Proposals to receive notifications when new requests for proposals, including the Youth Involvement project, are issued by the Council.