The council is hosting a Peer Listener Trainer Workshop to train peer listener trainers in Alaska communities. This workshop is geared towards counselors, wellness coordinators, medical professionals, social service professionals, and other related fields.
Read more about the Peer Listener program: Coping with Technological Disasters
When? Thursday, September 29th and Friday, September 30th, 2016
Where? BP Energy Center at 900 E Benson Blvd., Anchorage, AK (MAP)
Presenter: Dr. Keith Nicholls of the Coastal Resource & Resiliency Center
For registered participants:
Agenda (UPDATED SEPTEMBER 26): Peer Listener Trainer Workshop AGENDA
Expenses covered by PWSRCAC
- Peer Listener Trainer Workshop and Registration
- BP Energy Center Facility Reservation
- Catered lunches and snacks provided both days of the workshop
- CEU’s through Prince William Sound College – a satellite of UAA
- Hotel stay at Residence Inn (Room and tax only – other charges will be paid by participant)
- Breakfast and free shuttle to/from airport are included with hotel reservation
- Walking distance to/from the BP Energy Center as they reside in the same parking lot.
- Flight or mileage costs to/from the training
- Federal rate per diem reimbursement for travel and workshop dates only (paid after travel is complete)
Expenses covered by workshop participants
- Early arrival or extended personal stay in Anchorage beyond workshop dates
- Once the flight reservation is made for you by the council’s staff, the participant can make any adjustments to their flights at personal cost.
- Once the hotel reservation is made for you by the council’s staff, any early/extended dates added to the reservation will be at personal cost to the participant
- Rental car or cab fares
- As paid federal rate per diem will be provided after the workshop, meals and incidentals (personal cab needs, etc.) are all covered by the participants, for which the per diem reimbursement is then provided
Participants must fill out the following two forms:
- Registration form (online)
- Hold Harmless and Indemnification Agreement (Liability Waiver – complete and return)
Please email signed liability waiver to Shawna Popovici,
or mail to:
Attn: Shawna Popovici
3709 Spenard Rd, St 100
Anchorage, AK 99503
Contact Lisa Matlock or Shawna Popovici at: 907-277-7222.