The Council is looking for experts who are familiar with oil spill contingency planning issues in Alaska to help the Council review spill contingency plans related to the Alyeska terminal and associated tankers.
The Council participates in public reviews related to:
- The Prince William Sound crude oil tanker oil spill contingency plans
- The Valdez Marine Terminal oil spill contingency plan
- Federal/State Preparedness Plans for Response to Oil and Hazardous Substance Discharges/Releases.
- Review and implementation of conditions of plan approvals placed on the plans by state or federal regulatory agencies
- Other continuous improvement processes, proposed amendments to the plans, and other plan-related issues when appropriate
We are hoping to identify and pre-qualify technical experts who may be called upon to offer expert advice on the Council’s issues and concerns. Interested technical experts are encouraged to submit a statement of qualifications listing their expertise for consideration.