The Council held its annual Board meeting in Valdez, Alaska, on May 5-6, 2022. Among other business, the Board convened to elect officers who will serve from May 2022 to May 2023.
The elected executive committee is comprised of:
- President: Robert Archibald, representing the City of Homer
- Vice President: Amanda Bauer, representing the City of Valdez
- Treasurer: Wayne Donaldson, representing the City of Kodiak
- Secretary: Bob Shavelson, representing the Oil Spill Region Environmental Coalition
- Three Members-at-Large:
- Ben Cutrell, representing Chugach Alaska Corporation
- Robert Beedle, representing the City of Cordova
- Angela Totemoff, representing the Community of Tatitlek
“I am honored to serve as president of the Board for another year,” said Robert Archibald. “As one of two regional citizens advisory councils in the nation, it is incumbent upon our organization to hold accountable industry and regulators. It is essential that the highest safety standards are maintained in order to prevent oil spills and make sure there is a strong response system in place should prevention measures fail in order to protect the citizens, Valdez Marine Terminal workforce, associated tanker crews, and Alaska’s environment which we hold so dear.”
The Council is grateful to have the support of its many volunteers from all over the Exxon Valdez oil spill region. The new executive committee is an excellent representation of the Council.