Science it up with us! On Thursday, December 3, the council is hosting our annual Science Night at The Lakefront Anchorage (formerly The Millenium). Hear about the latest research that affects the safe transportation of oil through Prince William Sound.
This event is an initiative of the council’s Scientific Advisory Committee. SAC, as it’s known, ensures council projects are based on the best science.
Hear more about:
- How satellite tracking of vessels helps evaluate risk – Aaron Poe, Aleutian and Bering Sea Islands Landscape Conservation Cooperative
- Oceanography, surface layer dynamics, and plankton blooms in the Sound – Rob Campbell, Prince William Sound Science Center
- Herring in Prince William Sound – Scott Pegau, Oil Spill Recovery Institute
- Recovery of sea otters and Harlequin ducks following the Exxon Valdez oil spill – Dan Esler, U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) – Alaska Science Center
- Delayed effects of oil spills can compromise long-term fish survival – John Incardona, Northwest Fisheries Science Center, NOAA
To RSVP, or for webinar call-in information, contact Shawna or Natalie at 1.907.277.7222 or toll.-free 1.800.478.7221 or email: email@example.com