Below is a list of oil spill educational media, including videos and links to resources elsewhere on the web.
Education curriculums on this site:
Two classroom curriculums are available on this site:
- Alaska Oil Spill Curriculum (updated in 2014) This Alaska Oil Spill Education spiral curriculum includes two tracks: “Ecosystems & Oil Pollution” and “Oil Resources & Energy Cycles.”
- The Science of Oil Spills (created in 2010). The Science of Oil Spills curriculum is based on the Ocean Science and Leadership Expedition, co-sponsored by the council in 2010. This curriculum was created by Alice Dou-Wang of the Prince William Sound Science Center.
Links to related educational media online
These links leave the PWSRCAC website. Please contact Amanda Johnson if you would like a link your oil spill-related education resources added to this page.
Alaska/Exxon Valdez oil spill:
- Alaska Resources Library & Information Services’ Exxon Valdez Oil Spill: Resources for Teachers and Students
- PBS Learning Media: Oil Spill: Exxon Valdez, 1989
Gulf of Mexico oil spill:
- National Geographic’s education materials related to 2010 Gulf of Mexico oil spill: Learn About Oil Spills and Their Impacts
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration: Gulf Oil Spill
- Southeast U.S. Integrated Ocean Observing System: Oil Spill Education Resources
- National Wildlife Federation: Talking With Kids About the Gulf Oil Spill