Update July 7:
- The Council will be holding the September Board meeting online. More information: September meeting to be held online
- Council offices remain closed to the public. Council staff continue to work remotely and are monitoring announcements/changes to the COVID-19 situation. As state and city reopenings continue to progress, the Council is taking a very cautious approach to our reopening to protect the health and safety of our volunteers and staff.
COVID-19 Effects on Council Activities:
Both Council offices (Anchorage and Valdez) are temporarily closed as a safety precaution due to COVID-19. Council staff are performing key job functions remotely and are still conducting business.
The health and safety of our staff and volunteers are our top priority and will drive decisions made as the situation evolves and more information becomes available. Everyone is encouraged to follow the CDC’s best practices to avoid illness and stay healthy.
Please exercise extreme caution, following guidelines and information provided by the CDC and the World Health Organization. These are unprecedented times, but we will get through them. Thank you for your patience as we work together to plan for and deal with the uncertainty that COVID-19 has presented. Be safe!
If you have any questions or need staff support please call or email and we will respond as quickly as possible. While messages left on office lines will be checked periodically, if you need to reach staff it is recommended you do so by EMAIL for the most prompt response. Contact staff by email.
Committee and other work meetings:
Based on recommended precautions to reduce the risk of exposure and propagation of the virus, all meeting attendees must use our teleconferencing capability (Zoom) for attending all meetings. Meeting ID information can be found in individual meeting announcements that you receive.
Please contact either Hans Odegard or Nelli Vanderburg for assistance accessing Zoom:
Staff and volunteer travel:
Conferences connected to staff and volunteer travel have already been cancelled or moved online by the organizers due to the virus. The Council has temporarily suspended future travel and we are not booking new reservations at this time. Staff will be monitoring travel and health advisories, and provide updates as necessary.
Following are links to the most up-to-date information and precautions to help protect you and the people around you:
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention: Coronavirus Disease 2019
- World Health Organization: Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak
- Alaska Department of Health and Social Services: COVID-19 Situation Overview
- Alaska Coronavirus Response Hub