Press and media inquiries, please contact Brooke Taylor: 907.277.7222 or by email.
- Report identifies concerns with tanker escort tugs being built for service in Prince William Sound (2/13/2017)
- Council board meeting held in Anchorage (1/10/2017)
- Council board meeting held in Valdez (4/21/2016)
- Report shows air pollutants in Prince William Sound reduced by hundreds of tons per year (1/29/2016)
- Long-time employee appointed as head of council (1/27/2016)
- Swanson resigns as head of citizens’ council (11/25/2015)
- Board of directors met in Kodiak (9/2/2015)
- New council report: Port of Valdez shrimp found generally safe for consumption (7/22/2015)
The Observer Newsletter
The Observer is the council’s free newsletter covering council activities. It also covers developments in the oil transportation industry, news about policy and operational issues related to marine oil transportation, and major oil spill drills. Alyeska Pipeline Service Co. is invited to submit a column for each issue.
Latest Observer News
- Council recertification application available for public review (1/27/2017)
- Vessel construction, planning underway for Crowley to Edison Chouest transition (1/27/2017)
- Smithsonian partners with council to search for marine invasive species (1/27/2017)
- Tom Kuckertz: Retired staff member still contributes engineering expertise to council’s mission (1/27/2017)
- Community Corner: Partnerships help involve the next generation in the council’s mission (1/26/2017)
- From the Executive Director: Recertification is time for reflection and self-evaluation (1/26/2017)
- Conference focuses on best practices in towing rope technology (1/26/2017)
- From Alyeska: Alyeska’s commitments during transition include protection, safe oil transportation, and transparency (1/26/2017)
- Former board member Marilynn Heddell passes (1/25/2017)
- Louisiana’s Edison Chouest Offshore to take over from Crowley in 2018 as Alyeska’s maritime contractor (9/22/2016)
The Observer is available in print and email editions. To subscribe to the print edition, please send your name and mailing address to email@example.com or mail to:
Observer Newsletter Subscription Request
P.O. Box 3089
Valdez, AK 99686
To receive the email edition, please click here: The Observer by email
Current Annual Report
Download the most recent annual report for more information about our work.
An archive of all previous annual reports can be found in the Reports and Documents – About the Council section of this site.