Press and media inquiries, please contact Brooke Taylor: 907.277.7222 or by email.
- Council issues position on safe crude oil tanker transit and escort vessel operation in the Sound (1/18/2018)
- Report identifies concerns with tanker escort tugs being built for service in Prince William Sound (2/13/2017)
- Council board meeting held in Anchorage (1/10/2017)
- Council board meeting held in Valdez (4/21/2016)
- Report shows air pollutants in Prince William Sound reduced by hundreds of tons per year (1/29/2016)
- Long-time employee appointed as head of council (1/27/2016)
- Swanson resigns as head of citizens’ council (11/25/2015)
- Resolution in support of Exxon Valdez “Reopener for Unknown Injury” (9/21/2015)
The Observer Newsletter
The Observer is the council’s free newsletter covering council activities. It also covers developments in the oil transportation industry, news about policy and operational issues related to marine oil transportation, and major oil spill drills. Alyeska Pipeline Service Co. is invited to submit a column for each issue.
Latest Observer News
- New vessels and barges on their way to Alaska (3/14/2018)
- Safe oil transportation: Are we really so far apart? (3/14/2018)
- Amendment to industry’s plan for preventing and responding to oil spills approved (3/14/2018)
- Steve Lewis: How a grizzly bear hide resulted in safer tanker traffic in Alaska (3/14/2018)
- From Alyeska: Safety is a priority for Alyeska and all our contractors (3/14/2018)
- Lally joins Council staff (3/14/2018)
- Council recertified by Coast Guard through March 2019 (3/14/2018)
- Community Corner: Citizen scientists help the Council monitor our region (3/14/2018)
- Plan for applying dispersants to crude oil spills in Alaska waters updated (3/13/2018)
- Council representatives visit Louisiana shipyards (11/2/2017)
The Observer is available in print and email editions. To subscribe to the print edition, please send your name and mailing address to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Observer Newsletter Subscription Request
P.O. Box 3089
Valdez, AK 99686
To receive the email edition, please click here: The Observer by email
Current Annual Report
Download the most recent annual report for more information about our work.
An archive of all previous annual reports can be found in the Reports and Documents – About the Council section of this site.