Press and media inquiries, please contact Brooke Taylor: 907.277.7222 or by email.
- Report identifies concerns with tanker escort tugs being built for service in Prince William Sound (2/13/2017)
- Council board meeting held in Anchorage (1/10/2017)
- Council board meeting held in Valdez (4/21/2016)
- Report shows air pollutants in Prince William Sound reduced by hundreds of tons per year (1/29/2016)
- Long-time employee appointed as head of council (1/27/2016)
- Swanson resigns as head of citizens’ council (11/25/2015)
- Resolution in support of Exxon Valdez “Reopener for Unknown Injury” (9/21/2015)
- Board of directors met in Kodiak (9/2/2015)
The Observer Newsletter
The Observer is the council’s free newsletter covering council activities. It also covers developments in the oil transportation industry, news about policy and operational issues related to marine oil transportation, and major oil spill drills. Alyeska Pipeline Service Co. is invited to submit a column for each issue.
Latest Observer News
- Planning for marine services changeover under way (5/12/2017)
- Davin Holen: Social scientist uses knowledge of subsistence fisheries to help communities adapt to changing environments (5/12/2017)
- Community Corner: Local government is an important conduit for sharing information and concerns (5/12/2017)
- Council recertified by Coast Guard through February 2018 (5/12/2017)
- From the Executive Director: Citizens and partnerships in the safe transportation of oil (5/12/2017)
- From Alyeska: Alyeska staff find creative solutions for safe snow removal (5/12/2017)
- Council recertification application available for public review (1/27/2017)
- Vessel construction, planning underway for Crowley to Edison Chouest transition (1/27/2017)
- Smithsonian partners with council to search for marine invasive species (1/27/2017)
- Tom Kuckertz: Retired staff member still contributes engineering expertise to council’s mission (1/27/2017)
The Observer is available in print and email editions. To subscribe to the print edition, please send your name and mailing address to email@example.com or mail to:
Observer Newsletter Subscription Request
P.O. Box 3089
Valdez, AK 99686
To receive the email edition, please click here: The Observer by email
Current Annual Report
Download the most recent annual report for more information about our work.
An archive of all previous annual reports can be found in the Reports and Documents – About the Council section of this site.