Press and media inquiries, please contact Brooke Taylor: 907.277.7222 or by email.
- Whittier community engages with on-water oil spill response training (9/28/2018)
- Council issues position on safe crude oil tanker transit and escort vessel operation in the Sound (1/18/2018)
- Report identifies concerns with tanker escort tugs being built for service in Prince William Sound (2/13/2017)
- Council board meeting held in Anchorage (1/10/2017)
- Council board meeting held in Valdez (4/21/2016)
- Report shows air pollutants in Prince William Sound reduced by hundreds of tons per year (1/29/2016)
- Long-time employee appointed as head of council (1/27/2016)
- Swanson resigns as head of citizens’ council (11/25/2015)
The Observer Newsletter
The Observer is the council’s free newsletter covering council activities. It also covers developments in the oil transportation industry, news about policy and operational issues related to marine oil transportation, and major oil spill drills. Alyeska Pipeline Service Co. is invited to submit a column for each issue.
Latest Observer News
- Oil spill prevention and response services transition to new contractor (8/13/2018)
- Changes to oil spill contingency plans approved (8/13/2018)
- Piping inspections near completion (8/13/2018)
- New tech improves knowledge of water circulation in Port Valdez (8/13/2018)
- Community Corner: Devoted to the cause of safe oil transportation (8/13/2018)
- Schantz: Prevention and response improving, full capabilities not yet proven (8/13/2018)
- From Alyeska: Transition activities – an update from Alyeska (8/13/2018)
- Al Burch resigns from Board of Directors (8/13/2018)
- Council elects officers for next year (8/13/2018)
- New Board members join the Council (8/13/2018)
The Observer is available in print and email editions. To subscribe to the print edition, please send your name and mailing address to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Observer Newsletter Subscription Request
P.O. Box 3089
Valdez, AK 99686
To receive the email edition, please click here: The Observer by email
Current Annual Report
Download the most recent annual report for more information about our work.
An archive of all previous annual reports can be found in the Reports and Documents – About the Council section of this site.