The council’s board of directors met January 21 and 22 at the Embassy Suites in Anchorage.
Topics on the agenda included:
- A presentation by the Alaska Tanker Company on how they are addressing requirements and technology related to federal ballast water regulations.
- A presentation by the Alaska Department of Environmental Conservation on their efforts to comply with the State Legislature’s intent, as outlined in the operating budget, that a plan be developed to reduce costs for the state and private entities related to oil spill response drills and exercises.
- Approval of a report that describes major new advances in technologies designed to detect the genetic effects of hydrocarbons in mussels.
- Consideration of a resolution in support of the installation of an independently operated weather station at the Valdez Marine Terminal to provide real-time wind and wave data to the public.
- A presentation on recent rulemaking related to oil spill limits of liability under the federal Oil Spill Liability Trust Fund.
Meeting documents are available here: January 21 and 22 PWSRCAC Board Meeting.