The Council held a virtual board meeting on Thursday and Friday, September 17-18, 2020.
Visual presentations given during the meeting can be accessed by download:
The Council conducted regular business during the meeting, including committee updates from Council ex-officio members, staff and committees. Other topics included on the agenda were:
- An activity report by Alyeska Pipeline Service Company on the Valdez Marine Terminal and Ship Escort/Response Vessel System operations, including impacts to operations from COVID-19 and an update on the sump pump spill which occurred in April at the Valdez Marine Terminal.
- An update from Alaska Department of Environmental Conservation Commissioner Jason Brune regarding the oil spill prevention and response regulatory reform public scoping process initiated in October 2019.
- A presentation by representatives of Hilcorp/Harvest Alaska on its Spill Response Organization.
- A report on genetic analysis of 2018-2019 plankton samples from Prince William Sound to look for and potentially identify marine invasive species.
- A virtual simulator demonstration by AVTEC staff.
- A report of the Council’s monitoring of drills and exercises in 2019.
Council board meetings are routinely recorded and may be disseminated to the public by the Council or by the news media.
Both Council offices (Anchorage and Valdez) are currently closed as a safety precaution due to the COVID-19 pandemic. More information: COVID-19 Updates