The Council is seeking skilled and experienced applicants for the Terminal Operations Project Manager position, located in Valdez, AK.
Applicants must have strong verbal and written communication skills and be able to work collaboratively with staff, volunteers, industry, and regulators to promote environmentally responsible transportation of crude oil through Prince William Sound and the Gulf of Alaska.
Advanced science or engineering degree or equivalent preferred. Oil terminal operations, environmental monitoring, and project management experience a plus but not required.
The starting annual base salary is $101,000+ DOE. An additional 10% of base salary is provided for Valdez cost of living adjustment. After 60 days of successful employment, an additional 25% of base salary is added for optional benefits, bringing total compensation to $136,350.
- Monitor the actual and potential environmental impacts stemming from the operation of the Valdez Marine Terminal, and review operational and maintenance practices at the facility in the interest of mitigating those impacts.
- Develop all aspects of PWSRCAC projects and programs as assigned, including project plans, determination of resources needed, budget development, and contract management, in line with PWSRCAC’s mission and Long Range Plan.
- Analyze data and interpret statistics related to terminal operations and project activities.
- Maintain contact with regulators and other groups to ensure projects do not duplicate activities underway, planned, or completed by others.
- Keep PWSRCAC’s Terminal Operations and Environmental Monitoring (TOEM) Committee informed on the status of projects, and actively seek committee member input on various projects and activities.
- Participate in monthly TOEM Committee meetings.
- Stay informed on current oil spill prevention and response issues, especially in Alaska.
- Participate as a member of the PWSRCAC Emergency Response Team at drills and incidents as assigned.
More information: Terminal Operations Project Manager (full job description)
How to apply
The application is submitted through Criteria Corps’ ondemandassessment.com at the link below. You will be asked to upload a cover letter detailing your qualifications, a current resume, and at least three professional references. Candidates will also be asked to complete online assessments through this website to verify skills and abilities.
Position open until filled, with the first review of applicants occurring in February 2023.