THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMITTING APPLICATIONS FOR BOTH INTERNSHIP POSITIONS HAS PASSED. We are no longer taking applications. Thank you for your interest in the council.
The council is currently recruiting for two interns to complete two different projects this school year:
- Hydrocarbon Research Intern: The intern will complete a project comparing the historic and present properties of Alaska North Slope crude oil.
- Environmental Education Intern: Intern will be trained to present K-12 Oil Spill Curriculum lessons for a variety of ages. The intern will then coordinate and travel to at least five PWSRCAC communities to present lessons to youth.
Both of these internships are appropriate for undergraduate students. The Environmental Education Internship may also be appropriate for a graduate student.
How to apply:
Any student interested in applying should carefully read all of the internship requirements before applying. Applications consist of a resume of the student’s experience and a cover letter that explains the student’s applicable interest and experience related to the internship.
- Hydrocarbon Research Intern Flier
- Hydrocarbon Research Intern – Position Description (Updated August 5)
- Environmental Education Intern Flier
- Environmental Education Intern – Position description
UPDATE: We are no longer taking applications for these internship positions. Please contact the Outreach Coordinator, Lisa Matlock at (907) 273-6235 or email@example.com for further information or for questions.