At its annual Board meeting in Valdez, on May 4-5, 2023, the Board elected officers who will serve from May 2023 to May 2024. All current officers were re-elected into the same positions they held for the previous year.
The elected executive committee is comprised of:
- President: Robert Archibald, representing the City of Homer
- Vice President: Amanda Bauer, representing the City of Valdez
- Treasurer: Wayne Donaldson, representing the City of Kodiak
- Secretary: Bob Shavelson, representing the Oil Spill Region Environmental Coalition
- Three Members-at-Large:
- Ben Cutrell, representing Chugach Alaska Corporation
- Robert Beedle, representing Cordova District Fishermen United
- Angela Totemoff, representing the Community of Tatitlek
“The Council believes firmly that our greatest successes result from citizens, industry and regulators working together to maintain and improve our safeguards designed to prepare for and prevent future oil spills,” Robert Archibald said. “It is crucial we not forget the reasons that led to the creation of this organization and continue to work together to maintain the record of safe, efficient transportation of crude oil through our region. I am honored to lead our Board for another year as we work toward our shared goal of protecting our communities, economies and environment.”
The Council is grateful to have the support of its many volunteers from all over the Exxon Valdez oil spill region. The new executive committee is an excellent representation of the Council.