The Council is inviting proposals for a project to support its Board of Directors to make an informed decision regarding updating or possibly changing its 2006 position on the use of chemical dispersants, and to generate supporting documents. An experienced expert in facilitating the translation of science into organizational position is sought. The final work product of this effort is a report documenting the Council’s position on the use of chemical dispersants and a document listing supporting talking points.
This work includes:
- An initial report that incorporates science and policy review and presents possible positions the Council could adopt regarding the use of dispersants in our region.
- Strategically facilitate conversations, presentations, learning opportunities, and discussions about the data and possible positions.
- Guide the Board of Directors to adopting a formal position on dispersant use in the Council’s region.
- A final report that incorporates the initial report and expands on why the final position was adopted by the Council.
- Supporting materials for the adopted position that facilitate interactions with legislators and regulators in long-term policy decisions and with spill response teams, such as Unified Command, in the case of an incident.
Submittal Deadline: July 12, 2021
Award Announcement: August 30, 2021
For more information about this RFP, including background information, a detailed scope of work and timeline, and instructions on how to submit your proposal, please download the full RFP:
Inquiries regarding this request for proposals should be directed via email to Betsi Oliver.