The council’s board of directors met in Valdez on May 1 and 2, 2014.
On the agenda:
The council conducted an election of officers, orientation for new volunteers, and seated volunteers on the established committees.
Topics on the agenda included:
• Adoption of the council budget for the year beginning July 1.
• Approval of a resolution to promote the use of best available technology in tugboats escorting laden oil tankers.
• A presentation on analysis of fishing vessel types and numbers.
• An update from the citizens’ council on the renewal process for oil spill prevention and response plans (known as contingency plans) for the Valdez Marine Terminal.
• A presentation by the US Coast Guard on ice and adverse weather.