The Council will hold a virtual board meeting, via video and teleconference, on Thursday and Friday, September 17-18, 2020.
Those interested in attending can do so by:
- Teleconference (1-888-788-0099, meeting ID: 977 6459 5779), or
- JOIN VIDEO CONFERENCE
Visual presentations given during the meeting can be streamed live through the link or accessed by download:
The tentative schedule for the Thursday session is from 8:30 a.m. to 3:10 p.m. On Friday, the meeting is scheduled from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. The meeting is open to the public through the video/teleconference system, except for executive sessions. Public comments are scheduled to be taken on Thursday starting at 8:55 a.m.
The Council will be conducting regular business during the meeting, including committee updates from Council ex-officio members, staff and committees. Other topics included on the agenda are:
- An activity report by Alyeska Pipeline Service Company on the Valdez Marine Terminal and Ship Escort/Response Vessel System operations, including impacts to operations from COVID-19 and an update on the sump pump spill which occurred in April at the Valdez Marine Terminal.
- An update from Alaska Department of Environmental Conservation Commissioner Jason Brune regarding the oil spill prevention and response regulatory reform public scoping process initiated in October 2019.
- A presentation by representatives of Hilcorp/Harvest Alaska on its Spill Response Organization.
- A report on genetic analysis of 2018-2019 plankton samples from Prince William Sound to look for and potentially identify marine invasive species.
- A virtual simulator demonstration by AVTEC staff.
- A report of the Council’s monitoring of drills and exercises in 2019.
The meeting agenda provided is subject to change before or during the meeting. Council board meetings are routinely recorded and may be disseminated to the public by the Council or by the news media.
Both Council offices (Anchorage and Valdez) are currently closed as a safety precaution due to the COVID-19 pandemic. More information: COVID-19 Updates